The practice was first established in Hartlepool in 1950 with one veterinary surgeon. In the 1960s surgeries were opened in Billingham and Horden, and in 1980 our Sedgefield branch was opened.
Treating both farm animals as well as domestic pets we were thoroughly a mixed practice until 2000. Then when we became a small animal practice only. Now we look after mainly dogs and cats but we are seeing a rise in visits from small pets. Rabbits, guinea pigs, hamsters and ferrets to name just a few and we aim to provide these with the same exceptional care.
Our team has expanded greatly and we have a team of 11 veterinary surgeons headed up by Clinical Directors Sarah Crawford and Lucy Robinson. However, the excellent care for our pets could not be possible without our brilliant support team backing us up. The support for our vets consist of a mixture of Registered Veterinary Nurses and Student Nurses, in addition to our Animal Nursing Assistants, receptionists and admin team.
We have the new larger premises at Horden having moved into the Old Methodist Church on Cotsford Lane. Also in the pipeline is a larger site for our Billingham Branch, moving two doors up to the Methodist Church on Station Road.
Proudly, all 4 of our branches are RCVS accredited – you can read more about the practice standards scheme here.